Starting the day with positive morning affirmations can help you improve any area of your life. Whether you want to make more money, forgive yourself or become successful, they can help.
Affirmations will calm your body, boost your confidence, and will help you believe in yourself. They can also help turn your dreams of the future into your current reality.
Muhammad Ali, one of the greatest boxers ever, routinely said, “I AM THE GREATEST.”
Even before it was true he was affirming to himself that he was the greatest fighter of all time until he eventually was. While many people probably think he was being cocky he was actually just using affirmations to help his dreams come to life.
What Are Affirmations?
Before I go into all the benefits of positive morning affirmations, it’s important to understand what they are first. Prior to last year, I had no idea what affirmations even were.
After reading Jack Canfield’s, “The Success Principles” I learned how powerful affirmations can impact your mood and your life.
Affirmations are nothing more than short phrases to create belief in yourself. They are always in the first person tense and usually start with “I am” or “I can.”
The Power of Affirmations
The more I have read and understood the power of your words I’m convinced “I AM” are the two of the most powerful words you can ever speak.
Because your mind is listening 24/7/365 to everything you say internally and externally to others. But most people don’t realize this and belittle themselves constantly.
You might do this as well, we’re all guilty of it. Do you ever catch yourself saying things like:
- I was going to wake up early but I am just not a morning person.
- I was supposed to go to the gym but I am just not feeling it.
- My goal was to start that side business but I am not very good with technology.
- I know I should read more but I am just not a reader and I would rather watch Netflix.
- I know I should save more money for my future but I am not smart enough to understand investing.
How to Prime Your Mind For Success
After enough time, your brain hears you say things like this and begins to believe it. Don’t forget though that your brain is also a goal-seeking organism.
If you keep reaffirming these negative goals your brain will find a way to help you achieve it. That’s what it is meant to do — positive or negative.
On the opposite hand, your brain can help you achieve everything you want in life. But you have to give it direction, have belief, and take action toward your goals.
This is where affirmations can help. Be sure to choose very carefully what comes after “I am” as your brain will believe whatever you say, positive or negative.
How to Use Positive Morning Affirmations
There isn’t one specific way to use affirmations but here are some best practices to make them more effective. Say your affirmation with a smile and positivity.
Do you really think it will work if you’re frowning, in a bad mood, thinking this whole exercise is ridiculous?
Get into a Positive Environment
Make sure you are relaxed and calm by taking several deep breaths before reading your affirmations.
Affirm In The First Person with Present Tense
When I’ve read any books speaking about affirmations it’s common to have it be in the present tense, not future. “I will” speaks of the future, which is always just out of reach.
Speak of the present moment by beginning your affirming statements with phrases such as:
- “I am…”
- “I am learning…”
- “I can…”
- “I appreciate…”
- “I accept…
- “I am willing…”
- “I attract…”
- “I am forgiving…”
- “I am in the process of…”
Feel the Feelings
The former monk turned entrepreneur, Dandapani, speaks about the importance of “feeling the feeling” of affirmations. He said that affirmations must be felt and visualized to have the full effect. You can watch the full clip here.
You want to really feel the meaning of the words as you think them, write them, speak them, and visualize them coming to fruition. Fuel the affirmations with a knowing energy. You have to know that whatever you’re affirming is true even if it hasn’t happened yet.
Repeat your affirmations 3 – 10X in a row. As the great author, Napoleon Hill said, “The single most influential force that controls your attitudes, beliefs, capabilities, and emotions is repetition – the words you silently use, over and over again, in your internal dialogue with yourself.”
Always Affirm in the Positive
For example, if you’re $50,000 in debt don’t say “I am debt free” instead say “I am wealthy.” When you say “debt-free” you are focusing on the debt instead of creating wealth to pay off the debt. The subconscious mind thinks in terms of images and does not understand words such as “don’t”, “no” or “not.”
Keep Your Affirmations Short
Act as if each extra word will make it less effective. Shorter is better and easier to remember.
Pair Your Affirmations with a Vision Board
Read your affirmations in front of a vision board to help visualize your goals. Visualizing your goals as though they are already complete is a great way to help speed up success.
Practice Success Affirmations in the Mirror
Practice your affirmations looking into the mirror. Yes, this will be awkward at first.
Keep Repeating Your Affirmations Twice Per Day
Read and feel your affirmations morning and night every day for at least 21 days straight. It takes every new habit at least 21 days to actually become a habit. Typically, the worse habit you’re trying to break, the longer it will take.
3 Types of Morning Affirmations For Success
1. Start The Day With Gratitude Affirmations
I try to always start each day with gratitude as part of my morning routine. Be excited and grateful that you woke up today because others all over the world didn’t.
Before you even let yourself get out of bed in the morning, start being grateful. Be emphatic and kind to yourself.
This is such an empowering way to start the day off as opposed to most people who wake up late and start reacting to the day.
- I appreciate those I love and who love me. experience gratitude for everything I have in my life.
- I always receive exactly what I ask for and appreciate that.
- My life is filled with an abundance of goodness.
- I am grateful for excellent health, prosperity and true love.
- I am so grateful for supportive friends and a loving family.
- All challenges are an opportunity for growth and I am thankful for the chance to evolve.
- I appreciate everything I have in my life and always keep the door open for more blessings.
- I am the co-creator of my reality.
- The universe supports me and all my desires.
- I am blessed.
A gratitude journal is a great way to help with this as well.
2. Use Morning Affirmations to Love Yourself
This is something I’ve personally struggled with over the years, feeling like I am enough. Enough for my family, friends, relationship, and everything else.
This one can be difficult for many of us. Use these powerful morning affirmations to affirm that you are enough.
Self Love Affirmations
- I love myself.
- I am willing to love and accept myself.
- Piece by piece, I accept myself as a whole at my core.
- I am enough.
- I am worthy of happiness, and I’m meant to be a bigger source of joy for the world.
- The universe is conspiring on behalf of the highest good of all.
- Life isn’t just happening to me; it’s happening for me.
- I am worthy of love, and I’m loved because I am alive.
- I am more than my thoughts, pain, and past.
- Without question, I can conquer anything.
3. Read Positive Affirmations for Success and Wealth
Affirmations are also powerful in putting out good vibrations to achieve success and wealth. If you want to become successful and rich you need to put your wishes out into the Universe. Affirm your prosperous future with these money affirmations.
Law of Attraction Money Affirmations
- The universe has my back.
- I am healthy and wealthy.
- I can trust in the process even when I don’t understand it.
- Wealth finds me in many ways.
- I am prosperous.
- I attract wealth and success
- Something wonderful is on its way.
- I attract exactly what I need for my growth and ultimate happiness.
- Money finds me.
- Every day I am attracting more and more money.
These Law of Attraction affirmations will help you attract money fast!
FAQ’s About Affirmations
When is the best time to use affirmations?
Mornings are the best time to use affirmations because your brain is the most easily influenced in the morning and before bed. They will also help kickstart your day! But it’s better to use them in the middle of the day than not at all.
Also, by reading affirmations first thing in the morning you set the tone for the day. What you do at the beginning of the day will determine your mood, energy levels, and tone for the day. You will set yourself for success by priming your mind to create success.
How do affirmations work?
Your brain is composed of two parts; the conscious and the subconscious.
The subconscious controls over 90% of what you do every single day but your conscious mind is the gatekeeper to the subconscious. By using morning affirmations early in the morning you are influencing your subconscious more than you would later in the day.
When you are still in the groggy phase of waking up your subconscious is wide awake but your conscious mind is also groggy. This is when you can get past the gatekeeper (conscious mind) and implant new ideas into your subconscious.
How can I use affirmations each day?
Here are three ways to use these affirmations:
1. Keep note cards next to your bed.
As soon as you wake up, begin to read these notecards (examples below) out loud. Say them with zest, positivity, and affirm to yourself that you are going to win the day.
2. Read positive morning affirmations before or after meditating.
Meditating will help you start each day grounded and clear before heading into the chaotic world. Read your affirmations before, during, or after meditation to visualize a perfect day. Find a mindfulness app that will help you get started meditating.
3. Choose to encantate your affirmations in the car driving to work.
Tony Robbins explains the difference between affirmations and incantations beautifully in this video.
If one of the best motivational speakers in the world (if not THE best) is agreeing, it’s worth looking a little crazy while you’re in traffic!
Do successful people use affirmations?
How else can I use affirmations to become successful?
Don’t just read them, you can also listen to audio affirmations as well.
Lousie Hay is an affirmations expert and known for her book and tons of inspirational quotes. Her book, “Power Thoughts: 365 Daily Affirmations” has helped thousands of readers abundance, success, and happiness.
Here are a few examples of her affirmations:
- “As I say yes to life, life says yes to me.”
- “I am trusting the process of life.”
- “Every thought we think is creating our future.”
- “I am in the process of positive change.”
Here are some great Youtube playlists to listen to audio affirmations as well.
Positive Affirmations Audio
- Morning Motivation – Positive Motivational Speech
- Law of Attraction Positive Affirmations for Success & Abundance (Live a Prosperous Life)
- I Am Prosperity Affirmations
Plus there are tons of great mindfulness apps to help you learn the power of meditation and mindfulness.
Start Using Positive Affirmations Today
Once you eliminate negative self-talk and replace with positive affirmations, you won’t believe how much your life can change. The world will help you when you are positive and vibrant instead of being pessimistic, negative, and angry.
I can almost guarantee you will feel positive thoughts throughout the day. You will tap into your higher self!
By starting each day with morning affirmations for abundance you will attract more success and abundance in your life. Make a conscious choice to be grateful each day you wake up.
Remind yourself each morning that not everyone who went to sleep the night before woke up the next morning.
Choose to live in an attitude of gratitude.
Here’s What to Do Next
Download the “Win the Morning” checklist below to learn about other powerful rituals to start the morning off on your terms!