Here’s my story:
- Moved from San Diego to Arizona after having an epiphany that I need to move away and start fresh after college. If not I knew I was going nowhere, fast. I changed my life with these fives steps.
- Two months after graduating my Mom helped me move to Arizona. I didn’t know anyone, had $3,000 from graduation money and no job or prospects.
- Found a place for $700/month to rent in Chandler, AZ. First time living alone and didn’t know a single person in the state.
- Soul searched for two months… dwindled my savings and opened my first credit card since it had a 0% balance transfer.
- Got a job at a gym as a personal trainer (what I did in college). Walked out on my 1st shift because the boss was an asshole. I knew I needed to change careers, quickly.
- Started working at PayPal at a call center talking to 60+ mad people every day. I had the 2 pm – 1030pm shifts. When you haven’t met anyone it’s easy to work late #Netflix
- Played golf at a semi-private club, golfed with a great older gentleman who was a member. Played 18 holes and beat him on his course…he thought it was luck so we played another 9 holes, I won again. He told me his son worked for a cool new internet company and I should check it out for a new job.
- Got a job at that company (Yelp) the next month. They gave me free food at work, flexible schedules, and stock options..at the time I thought… “What are these?”
- Worked with young salespeople who made a lot. But spent it even quicker. I saw so many 40 Thousandaires, spending every cent & maxing out credit cards.
- Tried to learn about the stock market and investing. Read as many personal finance books as I could. Sold some of my stock options and made some good money!
- Opened a Roth IRA because I was supposed to? Had no clue what to do but I started investing.
- Started a terribly unsuccessful website: www.smallkitchengadgets.com to try to generate a 2nd income. I meant well at least….
- Realized I loved Scottsdale & wasn’t going to move anywhere so I bought a home at 27!
- Ms. Super Millennial & our dog Munchie moved in shortly thereafter.
- Woke up on a cruise over Thanksgiving with another epiphany; I needed to help other people with their finances and live a better life. Our educations left us with student debt & little real-life knowledge. I decided that starting a blog was the answer.
- Super Millennial is born in January 2016; started tracking net worth, saving more and helping others gain control of spending, saving, & financial goal setting.
- Featured in Rockstar Finance & LifeHacker less than six months blogging
- Got promoted to the highest sales position at Yelp.
- Quit my six figure job at age 29 to stop a vicious cycle of making money at a job I didn’t care about and being unfulfilled.
- Published my first book, “Advice For My Younger Self.“
- Started as a full-time solopreneuer, blogger, author, and freelance writer in May 2017.
- Movies (see fan-made trailer below….yes I’m that cool)
- Giving back to charities (Arizona Animal Welfare League)
- Food….Former fat kid (still have my moments)
- Online Income
- Personal Development
- Planning Any/Everything
How to Start a Morning Routine and Change Your Life
Get my FREE "Win the Morning Cheatsheet" to learn how to wake up on time, start your day with focus, and learn the rituals of the most successful people on the planet.