Today’s post is to show you how I was able to grow my blog traffic over 1,100% in 2017.
I started my blog last year with absolutely zero clue it would change my life entirely.
If you’ve been following my blog you know my story, if not here is a quick synopsis:
- Jan 2016 – Started my blog for fun, no real plan in place. ZERO blogging experience.
- March 2016 – Start posting occasionally – zero schedule or clue of what I was doing
- April – October 2016 – Post here and there — go weeks without posting. No real vision for the site.
- November 2016 – Decide I’m going to use blogging as one of the ways to help change peoples lives and live life on my terms. No job, no boss — digital nomad dream has begun. Engineer my escape from the real world & plan to quit my six-figure job.
- December 2016 – Migrate from Weebly to WordPress — didn’t post anything!
- Jan – April 2017 – Start taking blogging serious and started trying to grow my traffic.
- May 2017 – Quit my six-figure job to blog full-time. I saved up over a year’s worth of expenses from my job but was making $0 from my blog.
- June – Aug 2017 – Hustle, read, and learn everything I can about building an online business. From blogging, SEO, WordPress, lead magnets, social media, coding, and freelance writing.
Since I started taking my blog serious I have been able to make a ton of progress in terms of website layout, social media, subscribers, and most importantly page views.
Most of 2016 I was basically writing for my family and friends. I had very little traffic other than being featured in Rockstar Finance, which was awesome.
But 2017 I told myself I was going to take this serious, learn a ton, and make it work as a blogging digital nomad. It was discouraging to spend so much time writing to have very few readers. I learned quickly that blogging is far from an overnight success.
If you’re a blogger you know how frustrating it can be. I think this is one of the reasons people quit their blogs so quickly. There are over 150 million blogs but only 30% are actually active.
Too many people start a blog, hit a plateau and give up within 12 months. Don’t fall into that trap — with hard work, your blog can be an incredible side hustle or full-time income.
Plus you get to do what you love!
By reading countless articles, taking a ton of courses, and learning from other bloggers I was able to grow my blog traffic over 1,100% from January – August.
Here are my Google Analytics for 2017:
- January – 1,212
- February – 1,928
- March – 3,345
- April – 2,609
- May – 7,768
- June – 7,346
- July – 11,351
- August -14,553
14,553 is far from my goal of 100,000 monthly views but it’s great to see hard work pay off.
I’ve done a ton of tactics that have not worked at all, while others have worked extremely well.
To help speed up the process for anyone who is already blogging or is about to start a blog I created this E-book.
I want to help you succeed faster and not waste countless hours like I did.
Blogging is foreign to so many people. It can also be extremely difficult to understand and easy to give up.
In my step by step guide, I will show you the exact strategies I did to grow my traffic from 1,212 page views in January 2017 to 14,553 page views in August 2017.
A 1,100% increase!
How I Was Able to Grow My Blog Traffic Ebook
35 easy to read pages of what I did to grow my blog traffic by 1,100% in 2017.
Strategy I: How to Write Great Blog Posts
Check out how I changed my blog posts to make them filled with more content, easier to read and provide more value for readers. Learn how to create posts with great titles, create a blogging schedule and which plugins help grow your traffic!
You’ll also get my blogging calendar download to see how I track all blog posts and content.
SEO takes a long time — but mastering social media can have a dramatic effect on your traffic. Prior to May I had never done one thing on Pinterest and wasn’t very active on other platforms either. “Write it and they will read it” isn’t a good strategy.
You need to be proactive and create an audience with social media. I’ll show you the best platforms, best times, and how to use them all together.
Strategy III: Grow Email List
Your email list is the best of the best when it comes to people who read your site. Learn how to get more people to opt-in and engage consistently with your blog.
Strategy IV: Facebook Groups
I’ve joined a lot of Facebook groups and have provided a list of the ones where I get the most traffic and engagement so you don’t have to waste your time on the others.
Facebook Groups have been huge in growing my traffic and also a great way to connect with other bloggers.
Strategy V: Improve SEO
I’m far from an SEO expert but my content has never ranked higher thanks to a lot of time and research spent on SEO. Learn how to optimize your site and posts to appear higher in Google and get more natural traffic!
Strategy VI: Show Readers Progress
In the last section, you’ll learn how I engage and interact with my readers to show them the real me and get them to keep coming back to read the blog 🙂
Bonus: Start Making Money Online
I’ll show you how I’ve started to make money online with affiliate advertising, ads, and sponsored content.
Who is this E-Book Good For?
- Newbie bloggers
- Bloggers who have plateaued
- Bloggers who want more traffic without paid ads
These six strategies can be implemented by anyone and can save you a ton of time when it comes to getting more readers to your blog.
Avoid the countless mistakes I made and speed up the process of success by learning the 6 strategies I used to grow my blog traffic 1,100% in 2017.
If you want to save yourself time and a lot of frustration check out my e-book, Blogging Success 101.
How to Start a Blog: Free 7 Day Email Course
I'll show you how to set up your blog, create an email list, promote on social media, and get tons of readers!
Latest posts by Michael Leonard (see all)
- 6 Inspirational Entrepreneurs To Transform Your Life From Good to Great - April 19, 2018
- What Is Freelance Writing? How to Get Started in 5 Easy Steps - April 17, 2018
- A Goal Setting Worksheet That Will Change Your Life - April 12, 2018