If you’ve found this page, you want to learn more about Business by Design – an online program created by James Wedmore.
In this post, I want to give you a look behind the curtain of what BBD is like (and if it’s worth your time and money).
If you’re thinking… “Is BBD worth the investment,” I’m confident you will know by the end of this post.
Here’s a bit of background of how I first got started with Business By Design.
My name is Michael Leonard and I’m the creator of Inspire Your Success.
Prior to learning about James Wedmore and BBD, I was a freelance writer and struggling course creator.
I left my $100,000+ career at Yelp.com in 2017 and did all sorts of side hustles since then (blogging, writing, podcasting, flea market flipping, etc.). While blogging failed miserably, freelance writing became my savior.
In 12 months, I was able to 10X my income and finally find a way to make consistent money online. But my goal was to never just become a writer – I always wanted to help others build online businesses.
So I launched my online course, Freelance to 5K, in May 2019. I think I made $497 on my first launch. At the time, I was loaded with credit card debt as my business simply wasn’t producing the results I thought it would.
I first figured about James from another coach, Jim Fortin, who is widely considered the #1 leader in subconscious transformation. Before working with Jim and James, I was a struggling entrepreneur.
While the freelance writing side of my business was producing $4-8K/month, the rest of my business was failing. Plus, two years of entrepreneurship had worn me down and I began to experience anxiety and depression as a result.
I was simply “hustling” too much trying to do everything on my own.
Luckily, Jim taught me a lot of life-changing habits to upgrade my mindset (like hypnotherapy) to start to master my mindset. From there, the rest of my life and business started to improve.
But I still wanted to scale my brand and help more people launch their own online writing businesses. So Jim mentioned his friend James Wedmore and suggested I take a look at his content.
I signed up “Nail Your Niche” a $97, 2-day training. I’ll say hands down it was the best money I’ve ever spent in my business.
I instantly realized why I was failing – I didn’t have a niche and wasn’t known as an “expert.”
Plus, I was impressed with his teaching style and the millions of dollars his business had generated. I wanted to do what he was doing, so when the doors opened for his signature program, I joined (on my birthday #treatyoself).
The results have been nothing less than amazing.
Since becoming a member of BBD, I’ve:
- Scaled my online course
- Doubled my email list size
- Began offering 1:1 high-ticket coaching
- Started running webinars (live and automated)
- Hired my first VA (and now have a team of 3 part-time awesome humans)
- Niched down my brand to focus on becoming the #1 freelance writing expert (which has increased podcasts downloads, emails, followers, etc.)
- Found an amazing community of like-minded people inside the BBD community to help me grow my business (and shatter old limiting beliefs).
All of this became possible from going through Business by Design.
So if you want to scale your business and become the “Digital CEO” of your brand, I highly suggest that you learn more about this program.
Who is James Wedmore?
James is a former bartender turned multiple 7-figure digital CEO. Now, he helps transform the lives of struggling entrepreneurs into thriving digital CEO’s.
He’s also the host of the wildly popular Mind Your Business podcast and has millions of views on YouTube.
Mind Your Business Podcast
If you need to learn about James and what’s he about, make sure to listen to his podcast called “Mind Your Business.”
With over 350 episodes (and 7 million+ downloads), he beautifully blends business + mindset. Known inside his group as “Wedmore Woo,” he shares his own experiences of why “hustling” more isn’t the answer.
As he says,
Hustle and hard work are NOT essential ingredients for success.”
Plus, he brings on world-class guests like mindset expert Jim Kwik, Chris Harder, Kathrin Zenkina (The Manifestation Babe), Amy Porterfield, Jim Fortin, and others. Not to mention, he regularly showcases his students success on the podcast as well.
James Wedmore YouTube
Before James launched his podcast, he was known as “THE YouTube guy.” His channel has millions of downloads and hundreds of videos to help you learn how to use YouTube to grow your business.
After earning millions of dollars from his YouTube courses, he wanted to test out new waters and teach more building businesses. After being in the online business world for years, he wanted to teach others how to create freedom and thriving online businesses.
So he started BBD – aka Business By Design.
This program has evolved since 2015 but has helped students worldwide find success using his proven strategies. He’s mentored top people Sunny Lenarduzzi, Rick Mulready, Jasmine Starr, Jill and Josh Stanton (of Screw the Nine to Five) and countless others.
If you’re an expert and want to build an online business, BBD is made for you.
Let’s breakdown what makes this program unlike any other.
What is Business By Design?
BBD is not just another online course… it’s a 6-module transformational experience. Here’s a breakdown of what makes the program unlike anything I’ve ever taken before.
Module 1: You By Design
The first module is all about thinking like a digital CEO. This module will help you get clear about yourself, your business goals, and get unstuck.
Inside Module 1, you’ll learn:
- The #1 way all successful entrepreneur think and act
- Uncover limiting beliefs and stories that are holding you back
- How to create a vision that is aligned with yourself and your business so you can have fun again
Module 2: Working By Design
The second module is about crafting your workday so you’re more productive (and working fewer hours). This helped me because at the time, I was a “hustler” working wayyyy too many hours.
Inside Module 2, you’ll learn:
- How successful digital CEOs actually schedule their time
- The key numbers you actually need to know to grow your business
- How to take control of your day so you can work as a visionary, not an employee inside your business
Module 3: Business By Design
This module will help you get clear about your business! Prior to BBD, I just thought creating more content was the way to success (but I quickly learned it’s just not true).
Inside Module 3, you’ll learn:
- How to design the perfect online business that works for YOU
- How to craft offers that align with your business that maximize impact and income
- The proven formula to craft offers your audience wants so you can get more time, freedom, and income
Module 4: Team By Design
When I first started BBD, I was a solopreneur doing everything in my business (literally, everything). Less than a year later, I have three amazing team members (part-time, remote freelancers) to help me keep growing my brand.
Now, I work fewer hours and can stay in my zone of genius (instead of doing everything else I hated doing).
Inside Module 4, you’ll learn:
- The first person you should hire
- How to cheaply outsource tasks that are keeping yo stuck
- How to think like a visionary CEO and hire an epic team to help you make it come true
Module 5: Marketing By Design
Creating a great offer is step one but marketing it is arguably 100X more important. Because here’s the thing, before BBD I had an amazing course but no one bought it because my marketing sucked (and I wasn’t known as an expert… yet).
This module helped me get wildly clear about my offer and message.
Inside Module 5, you’ll learn:
- How to craft an irresistable offer that customers want
- A step-by-step process to create demand for your online products
- How to reach more people so you can stand out in any niche (even if it’s crowded)
Module 6: Scale By Design
The final module is all about scaling. Once you have all the foundations in place (the right offer, the right messaging, etc.) you need to find ways to scale.
BBD helped me do just that by unveiling new offers, creating an ascenion model of products, and so much more.
Insdie Module 6, you’ll learn:
- What to actually focus on to scale your business
- How to scale without working more hours (or creating more products)
- The best ways to automate and let go so your marketing can do it’s job
Bonuses / Extras
While BBD is a goldmine for creating an online business, James and team are constantly overdelivering.
Here’s the bonsuess that also come with BBD:
Bonus #1: Launch Process Maps and Execution Guides
This is more than a bonus in my opinion… it’s really a blueprint to help you launch any offer for any niche. You’ll get access to:
- Mastermind launch
- 3-part video series launch
- Live webinar launch process
- Automated webinar funnels
- Quick email promotions (I’ve used this to generate $$$ fast)
- Beta launching (which is the way to go if you’ve never created a product yet)
Bonus #2: Online Business Bundle
This bonus has SO many amazing checklists and resources. Inside, you’ll get access to:
- Webinar pitch deck… so you don’t have to create from scratch… this is the one I use!)
- Sales page process… which will help you create an epic sales page that converts
- How to create a video series to launch your online courses
- What you need for upsells
- Wailist creation process
And a lot more. He’s constantly testing in his business and sharing his launch tips and tactics inside the community.
Bonus #3: Quick Start Bonus Bundle
This will help you launch… quickly! No more waiting around. You get access to his 30-day list generator program, course in a weekend program, and more!
Bonus #4: Ticket for Buinsses by Design Live
Finally, you also get a ticket for his bi-annual event in Orange County, California. I’ve been to a LOT of events but this one is the best ever.
The energy is contagious, ideas are flowing, no pitching from speakers, and just tons of quality content. I LOVE BBD Live.
Summary of BBD
Here’s a quick video on how working with James and team Wedmore transformed my life and business.
If you can’t tell, I’m a big fan.
I don’t review peoples stuff ever but had to do one for James and BBD as it’s literally transformed my life and business.
I would NEVER recommend a product or service that I don’t fully align with.
Business by Design is truly transformational.
Summary of BBD
When you join Business By Design you get instant access to the 6 BBD training modules — videos and exercises that transform you from the struggling employee mindset into the take-charge Digital CEO ($4,997 value).
- ALL of James’ Marketing Templates! (Value: $1,997)
- Plus you’re Getting TWO Additional Bonus Bundles! (Value: $2,994)
- And a Ticket to our EXCLUSIVE VIP EVENT: BBD LIVE! (Value: $997)
- Proven & Profitable PLUG & PLAY Launch Maps & Execution Guides! (Value: $2,997)
- You get 6x LIVE Group Coaching Sessions to answer your questions, clear up doubts, and keep you motivated and on track. (Value: $2,982)
Business By Design isn’t a “Business” course like all the others you may have taken.
It’s an experience that will transform your life and business.
Plus, they regularly add new content that him and his team are using inside their 7-figure business, run FB lives, and other challenges.
Some of the gifts they give away are insane! From kindles loaded with books, free coaching calls, and even paid trips to BBD Live.
When you enroll, you will:
- Use a proven roadmap to success (from a guy who is doing $5,000,000 launches)
- Recognize exactly what your market wants and create online products they’ll love
- Get clarity to focus on the RIGHT things in your business — so you never waste your time on useless, unproductive tasks.
- Discover the self-sabotaging, limiting beliefs that are hiding in your blind spots, and jamming you up at every step along the way.
- Get all the “done-for-you” processes that you need to build a real, “grown up” business — one that doesn’t completely rely on you.
Personally, it took me from an overwhelmed, overworked employee inside my business to a visionary Digital CEO.
FAQs about BBD
Who is this made for?
This program is designed for:
- Online course creators
- Businesses who want to go online and sell an offer
- Service providers who want to design an online course or membership site
- Content creators (like YouTubers, bloggers, etc.) who want to build a real business that scales
If you’re an e-commerce business, funnel hacker, or brick and mortar (who doesn’t want to go online), this program isn’t a good fit for you.
Also, while this program is the best I’ve ever taken, you still need to show up and do the work.
Nothing works unless YOU do.
While James and team make it as easy as possible, you still need to go through the content and implement it into your business.
How many total hours of training material are provided in the BBD program?
The program includes 6 complete training modules and approximately 15 hours of training material. Plus, James and team ALWAYS (and I mean always) over deliver.
On top of the core six modules, you also get more training throughout (another 15 hours) and 6 LIVE group coaching calls. These calls alone are worth it all. James picks attendees and does live training to help them get unstuck and move forward.
Plus, even if he’s talking to anyone else, it will still apply to you as well. Eveyrone inside BBD is highly invested in their success so you can learn from everyone else as well.
How long will it take me to complete the BBD program?
I won’t lie, there’s a lot of content. But the great thing is that you don’t have to go through all the content before implementing. In fact, James advises against it!
Instead of just learning for weeks and weeks, start taking action. Use what you learn and instantly apply to your business.
Are there LIVE coaching calls with James?
As a member of the BBD program, you can attend 6 LIVE Group Coaching Calls with James himself. Plus, you get access to older calls (which are a goldmine of information) and him and his team of coaches do sporadic training as well.
Plus, you also can access the replays as well.
How does BBD Live work?
Besides getting the six-modules, bonus trainings, and group calls, you also get a ticket to BBD Live. This members only event is held twice a year and will say from first hand experience, it is EPIC.
I’ve been to a LOT of events in my 3+ years as an entrepreneur and can say this is by FAR the best out there. And I’ve been to some good ones including Unleash the Power Within (Tony Robbins), Thrive, Perfect Life Retreat, and others.
But what makes the live event special is that everyone who attends has invested in the same program as you. Everyone in the audience has some sort of online business so you can meet TONS of amazing, like-minded people.
Plus, the event of 500+ people is ran beautifully. Not only does James teach but he brings epic speakers like Jen Casey, Selena Soo, Mel Abraham, and others.
Do I need an email list before enrolling?
No, even if you’re brand new, you can get started. The program will provide you with a list building strategy that will teach you the specific steps and action items that will help you effectively create and grow your email list.
Plus, you can always get started building your list by signing up for his EPIC mini-course here.
Still worried you dont’ have a list and can’t build a business yet? Then listen to episode #170 to learn how she launched using the frameworks inside BBD.
What’s the support like?
One word – AMAZING. James and his team of 8 coaches and customer support are always there to assist.
Inside the BBD Members only Facebook group, you have a team of coaches to help you get unstuck. I regularly use the group to share my wins, get feedback on new projects (like landing pages, messaging, etc) which is super helpful. Plus, the students are incredibly engaged as well so you can get to know people inside the community.
Plus, if you have small things (like billing, live event details, etc.) you can always email their customer support team as well.
Can I enroll in the BBD program without an established product yet?
Yes, I’ve seen tons of people launch a beta version of a course or membership and keep evolving! While I had my writing course before joining, I changed so much of it once going through BBD.
From editing the sales page, updating my content, messaging, etc. So if you have a product it will help make it sell better
And if you don’t have a product, no worries… you will get the roadmap to launching.
Is this only good for course creators… what about membership sites?
Yes, inside the program there are TONS of resources to help you launch or scale your membership site.
Listen to Case Study Episode #290:1 Year of Growing a Membership with Tracy Harris to learn how she grew her membership site.
What is the Next Level program?
The Next Level program is a 12-month group coaching program with James and a team of coaches. If you’re committed to taking your business to next level (pun intended), this is for you.
I joined BBD in August 2019 and Next Level in October 2019. I can say hands down, it was one of the best decisions of my entire life.
With Next Level, you have get:
- 12 group calls with James
- Monthly calls with his team of coaches
- More live events and virtual trainings
- Even more training to help you grow a team
- Additional trainings from past workshops, bonus scripts, resources, and more
- Separate Next Level Facebook group (where at least 2 coaches respond almost instantly)
Plus, you get a ton of accountability. So if you’re working at home and need someone to help you stay committed to reaching your goals, Next Level is the way to go.
What type of business or niche is this made for?
I would argue every niche can succeed inside BBD. As I mentioned, I have a writing course that helps people earn $5k/mo freelance writing.
Here are some of the other niches of my friends inside BBD:
- Helping single moms live less stressful lives
- Coaching women of faith overcome the fear of sex
- Helping people beat insomnia without medication
- Assisting elementary teachers leave school by 3pm everyday
- Assiting course creators to use Facebook ads for the first time
- Helping families to grow their own healthy, fresh food at home
- Assisting coaches and course creators to launch with more fun and ease
- Helping homeschooling parents create and launch their first online business
There is literally a niche for everything. Plus, there is a framework inside the program that will help you get clear on your niche so you can stand out online.
If you’re an expert in anything and want to become an authority in your space, this program WILL help you reach your goals.
Prior to BBD, I had spent over $30,000 toward online courses and coaching on every subject imaginable. Some of them included:
- Building an email list
- Creating an Amazon FBA store
- Using Pinterest to grow your blog
- How to start a video podcast on YouTube
- How to create and sell 1:1 high-ticket offers
Some of them were great, some were okay, and some of them were a huge waste of money.
But the reason I still wasn’t growing my business is because I was buying “pieces” of my business.
BBD is the whole thing with an amazing community of support unlike any other.
It wasn’t until I invested in Business By Design that everything shifted in my business (and life).
When I first logged in, I felt a huge sigh of relief… it was as though a MASSIVE weight had been lifted.
There was literally everything I needed inside the program.
From launching online courses, starting a membership site, upgrading my mindset, selling 1:1 coaching, hiring a team… you name it.
So if you’re an expert in ANY niche and want to build a pandemic proof online business, BBD was made with you in mind.
But act quickly as the doors to his AMAZING program only open once per year.
I can honestly say that this is the BEST online program ever I’ve ever invested in.
I am so proud I bet on myself and started working with James and team Wedmore.
You can always email me (support @ inspireyoursuccess.com if you have more specific questions as well).