These are the top 10 best motivational speeches to help motivate and inspire you!
Every day our motivational levels will waiver but if you can figure out how to stay motivated you will set yourself for an incredible amount of success in life.
Tony Robbins talks about this as push vs. pull motivation. Push motivation is usually where you have to push yourself to do something and often times includes a lot of willpower. Pull motivation is much easier, more natural, and flows easily as you want to do the specific event.
In this Psychology Today article it says that “Pull-based motivation is about tapping the desire to achieve something. It’s about establishing a quest and taking action not to remove a current pain, but to bring yourself closer to a deeply desired end. Maybe it’s completing a marathon or learning to play guitar.”
Ultimately you want to find activities in life that have you being pulled to do them. That usually happens when you begin to align your life with your goals, values, and daily routines.
Motivation will determine how great your life ends up being. If you want to change your life you have to get moving, change your physiology, and create powerful habits. I listen to one of the videos as morning motivation every single day!
Here are my ten best motivational speeches to help you get inspired!
Top 10 Best Motivational Speeches
1.) Tony Robbins – Why We Do What We Do (TedX Speech)
Imagine speaking in front of the most wealthy and successful individuals in the world — what advice could you possibly give to billionaires and CEO’s? Tony Robbins is one of the few people that can motivate and inspire them as some of his top clients are those exact people. This TedX speech will help you understand why you do what you do.
2. Steve Jobs – 2005 Standford Commencement Speech
Steve Jobs Harvard commencement speech is one of the best motivational speeches of all time, not to mention best commencement speech. While many of us admire Jobs and love his work, he was often very misunderstood by the masses. This rare and candid speech will show you how to follow your passion and create a life you love.
And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever that somehow the dots will connect in the future.” — Steve Jobs
3. Les Brown – Georgia Dome Speech
Les Brown has some of the best motivational speeches ever. He is a world renown speaker, author, and trainer that has accomplished amazing feats in his life. While his list of accolades is impressive when you learn where he came from it’s even more so. Enjoy this amazing speech live from the Georgia Dome in front of 30,000 people!
4. David Goggins – Driven
David Goggins is arguably the most bad ass human being ever. He’s been a Navy Seal, Army Ranger, ultra-marathon runner, and holds the pull-up record for most pull-ups in a 24 hour period (4,030)! When I think of the best motivational speeches I can’t help but add David Goggins!
5. Arnold Schwarzenegger – 6 Rules of Success (Commencement Speech)
Regardless of your political views, it’s hard to admit that Arnold has not accomplished an incredible amount in his lifetime. From moving to Austria to America to becoming a bodybuilder, Mr. Olympia champion, top-grossing actor, and governor of California. Check out his 6 rules of success to get you inspired!
6. Tony Robbins – New Year, New You
This is probably the video that will get you to reshape your life and vision more than most. If you’ve ever set a resolution only to fail while it’s still January (who hasn’t done that?) this video is for you.
Most of all, Tony talks in depth about how to make lasting change in your life. Instead of focusing on resolutions or abstract goals, focus on what really matters to make the change you need!
7. Mel Robbins – Secret to Self-Motivation
Mel Robbins is a top speaker and best-selling author after creating “The 5-Second Rule” and sharing it with the world. After getting to meet her in person, I can say she is incredibly inspiring and loves to help people. Learn about the 5-Second Rule to help change your life here.
8. Terry Crews Motivational Speech
Terry Crews is well known by many but his backstory & route to success is even more impressive!
9. Denzel Washington – Commencement Speech at Dillard University
Who doesn’t love Denzel Washington? His acting is incredible but his speech is even more inspiring. If you feel lost, this is a great video to get you motivated!
10. Admiral William H. McRaven – University of Texas At Austin
Do you make your bed first thing in the morning?
Admiral William McRaven shows why making your bed each morning will give you discipline and as a result help you succeed in other areas.
Let’s be honest, there are way too many amazing motivational speeches to only include ten — here are some other incredible speeches that can change your life!
Runner Up Motivational Videos
11. Extreme Ownership with Jocko Willink (TedX Speech)
Jocko Willink is a retired, ex-Navy Seal and also the best-selling author of “Extreme Ownership.” If you don’t follow him on Twitter I highly recommend it as he seems like one of the most disciplined human beings alive. After seeing him at a “Success Live” seminar I can say his intensity his second to none. Jocko gives one of the best motivational speeches ever at this TEDx talk!
12. J.K. Rowling – Harvard Commencement Speech
J.K. Rowling has an incredible story. From a broke waitress barely able to survive turned into one of the best-selling authors of all time. She has gone on to publish the Harry Potter series that also turned into incredibly successful movies.
13. Inky Johnson – Motivational Speech
14. Eric Thomas – Motivation Addicts Speech
Eric Thomas aka “ET the Hip Hop Preacher” is so passionate it’s hard to not love his message. His motivational speeches are all over Youtube, this is one of my favorites!
Best Sports Motivational Speeches
Sports have created some of the best motivational speeches ever. Fake or real, these are some of the most popular motivational speeches from Hollywood!
- Al Pacino – Any Given Sunday Speech
- “On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our fingernails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that’s going to make the fucking difference. Between WINNING and LOSING…between LIVING and DYING.“
- Herb Brooks – Miracle Speech
- “Great moments are born from great opportunity.”
- Rocky Motivational Speech
- “The world ain’t’ all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a mean and nasty place. And I don’t care how tough you are it’ll beat to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. It ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!“
- Ray Lewis & Eric Thomas – “Beast” Motivational Speech
- “Sleep, sleep is for people who are broke. I got an opportunity to make a dream become a reality.“
- Tom Brady – Best Motivational Video
- “To me what separates good players from great players is to execute under pressure.“
Enjoy the best motivational speeches to give you the momentum to take the next step!
Are you ready to make this the year that will change your life forever? Quit waiting and start creating success today!
Never give up, this is your year to create success!
Do you think these are some of the best motivational speeches? Which is your favorite?
Did I miss a motivational or commencement speech? Let me know in the comments!
Get My FREE Success Cheat Sheet
After studying successful people extensively with books, videos, and seminars I've found their habits are what separates them. Check my FREE Success cheatsheet to start implementing these habits into your daily life.
Latest posts by Michael Leonard (see all)
- Beginner Blogger Tips: How to Avoid These Huge Mistakes - August 17, 2018
- 25 Best Motivational Speakers That Will Change Your Life - August 14, 2018
- 53 Growth Mindset Quotes That Will Help You Change Your Life - August 12, 2018